Top 10 Really Bad Ideas for Spray Booths (or What a great way to have a fire!!)
- Using any electrical device in a paint booth.
- Thinking how cool it would be to have an electrical outlet in the spray booth wall.
- Smoking in a spray paint booth.
- Grinding or welding in a paint booth.
- Not using a licensed electrical contractor to wire the booth lights and fan.
- Not performing routine maintenance of cleaning the walls/ceilings/floor or changing filters.
- Not installing an automatic fire suppression system.
- Not assembling the spray booth as shown in the manual.
- Using your spray booth to store excessive paint or other combustible materials.
- Not training your booth operators about fire safety.
The NFPA-33 standard defines the safety requirements for spray booths. This standard is available through Techstreet. This is a good investment that will save you money, but you might not have that great fire story to tell your friends.
Shop Paint Booths at Tools USA.