What is ground-level ozone?
Ground level ozone refers to environmental standards regulated by your state pertaining to ozone emissions from your facility. Information about your state’s specific requirements and helpful hints are available by googling spray booth + ozone + (your state). Virginia has a very good page at https://www.deq.virginia.gov/Portals/0/DEQ/Air/SmallBusinessAssistance/AutoBody/Section1.pdf.
How do I comply with this requirement?
This requirement has little to do with the spray booth design and much to do with processes. Practices that reduce ozone emissions include:
– choosing paints and solvents with low VOC’s
– mixing as little paint as required
– cleanliness in storage of paint
– proper maintenance of your spray booth
– frequent changing of exhaust filters
– proper filters used that match material being sprayed
– proper and frequent elimination of used rags, cans, etc.
– proper training of employees using the equipment