Shipping and Return Policy
Freight & Shipping
Tools USA uses common carrier, FedEx Ground, UPS, and independent freight haulers for shipping. We negotiate the most competitive freight rates possible for our customers. We make every effort to minimize freight charges to our customers and provide for timely delivery.
Most items in stock will ship within two business days. Tools USA will not be liable for any damages related to unavailability of inventory or delays in shipping.
Frame machines can only be shipped on flatbed trailers. For this reason, please allow three to four weeks for delivery on this equipment.
Tools USA ship all products FOB our warehouses. Title for goods passes to customer when product leaves our dock.
Items advertised with “Free Freight” apply only to shipments within the 48 continental United States (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada and Mexico).
Call Sales at 1-800-451-2425 for a specific freight quote.
Delivery and Unloading
Customer is responsible for unloading shipment from truck. Tools USA will assume no responsibility for any additional charges or damages that may be incurred as a result of unloading from the delivering carrier’s truck.
Freight carriers have restrictions on delivering to residential addresses and may require pick-up at freight terminal. Lifts will require a fork-lift to unload. It is advantageous in those cases to ship to a freight terminal where the terminal personnel will unload the product and load it onto the customer’s trailer or truck. Lifts cannot be unloaded using a lift gate vehicle. We cannot advise customers of exact time of delivery, as we do not ship on our own trucks. We will give our customers an estimated time of delivery and provide them with tracking information.
All shipments must be inspected immediately upon receipt.
For your protection, any external damage must be noted on the Bill of Lading at the time of delivery in order to qualify for a claim against the freight carrier. Concealed damages must be reported to the freight company within three days of delivery. It is the customer’s responsibility to file for damage claims against the freight company.
Shortages/missing parts must be reported to Tools USA customer service within seven days of delivery.
For Paint Booths only, customers have 30 days to report shortages/missing parts.
Tools USA has a nationwide network of independent installers for our paint booths and auto lifts. Please call 1-800-451-2425 to locate an installer in your area.
Customer Pick-Up Guide Lines
Most of our products are designed to be shipped via common carrier freight line and this is the shipping method that we recommend. However, we do allow customers to pick up their equipment within the following guidelines:
- All orders picked up will be subject to applicable NC sales tax, unless buyer has provided a NC Sales Tax Exemption Certificate.
- No customer pick-ups are to be scheduled before 9 AM or after 2 PM. There are no customer pick-ups on Saturday or Sunday.
- Customers are not allowed in the warehouse area without a salesperson. Customers may not assist with loading.
- Customer is responsible for any damages to the equipment and/or their vehicle resulting from the loading and transporting of the equipment.
- Vehicle weight restrictions will be strictly observed. Customer may be asked to provide weight restriction information on trailers.
- Tools USA recommends side loading of lifts onto vehicles. When this is not possible, the equipment will be rear loaded. Tools USA will make its best effort to center the load weight. However, customer will be responsible for any shifting or falling of equipment or off-centered load that results in damage.
- Equipment will only be loaded right side up.
- Customers are responsible for strapping down their equipment on the vehicle. No load will be allowed to leave the premises without being strapped down.
- Pick up vehicles must have sufficient width and length to insure that the equipment does not protrude illegally from the vehicle. Trucks with tailgates must be able to fully close the tailgate with the equipment inside.
- Lifts will not be loaded onto pick-up trucks.
- Equipment will not be loaded onto vehicles that appear to be unsafe or lack proper equipment. This will be determined at the sole discretion of the Tools USA warehouse supervisor.
These requirements have been established to help insure the safety of you, your vehicle, and your equipment. If your vehicle does not meet the above requirements, we suggest that you let our logistics department obtain the best shipping quote possible for your equipment.
All returns must be authorized by Tools USA prior to shipping. Contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-451-2425 for instructions and a return authorization number. Unauthorized returns may be refused at the sole discretion of Tools USA.
Customers may return any unused stock item (no custom manufactured items) in original packing within 30 days of purchase subject to a restocking charge of 20%. All freight charges related to the return will be the responsibility of the customer.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Tools USA tries to maintain sufficient inventory on all website products to ensure prompt delivery. However, due to high sales volume, some products may be temporarily out of stock. Tools USA will make every effort to process your order in a timely fashion. In no event shall Tools USA be liable for indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages; including but not limited to, loss of use or loss of business or profits due to temporary unavailability of inventory or delays in shipping. All product prices are subject to change without notice.
Tools USA is not responsible for errors in typography or photography. Illustrations are for identification only and actual product may vary due to improvements or changes by the manufacturer or other unforeseen circumstances at the time of Web site changes. Pricing, policies and information on this Web site supersede previous Web sites and all other media.